Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Mini-Reviews

We here at RSV have been slacking pretty badly for a while now. So I'm going to try to make up for that with a few four-sentence-max mini-reviews. Some of these really deserve full reviews, so I'll try to get my or Dylan's lazy ass to do them sometime. First up...

Kung Fu Panda

It wasn't bad at all. The voicework was solid and the animation was good. The story wasn't too bad but the climax was very anticlimactic. Plus, Dustin Hoffman is a little raccoony thing - HA.
6.5/10
===========================================
The Incredible Hulk

It's definitely a Hulk Movie. The action was awesome but it was a little lacking in the story department, though there is another 70+ minutes that were cut out so I'm holding my judgment on star Edward Norton's screenwriting abilities. There's also a lot of stuff in there for hardcore Hulk fans that most audience members won't pick up. Overall, it really exceeded my expectations and I enjoyed it a lot.

7/10
===========================================
WALL-E

This movie is so crazy. It's one of the best straight hardcore sci-fi movies I've ever seen. The people at Pixar are seriously geniuses and they've proved it again. See it.

9.5/10
===========================================
Hancock

I don't really know my opinion on Hancock yet. I didn't hate it or like it. It just didn't really do anything for me. One word does come to mind though: unbalanced.

5/10

No comments: