Monday, July 7, 2008

Tha Carter III



I downloaded "Tha Carter III" at four in the morning, about 24 hours after it leaked onto the internet. I had been anticipating this album for almost a year, so I was ready to see if it would live up to the hype. As I was listening to the album, I was waiting patiently for the moment or song that would blow me away, but unfortunately that moment never really came. I enjoyed the album, but it was not the classic that I hoped it would be.

I listened the the album many times over the next few days, and it began to grow on me. With every new listen, I would pick up on something that I had not heard before. The tracks, "3-peat", "Mr. Carter", "Dr. Carter", "Phone Home", and "Tie my hands," especially stood out to me.

Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter III" is an album that gets better with time. While it was not the instant classic that some hoped it would be, it did silence the doubters (yet again) that claimed Wayne was nothing more than a mixtape artist who could not put out a successful studio released album.

Initial take- 7

Final Verdict- 8.5

1 comment:

speedosrock1053 said...

he defiantly shut 50 cents loud mouth.